Monday 3 February 2014

The Empire's Riches...

Real world work has seen me regularly sitting in cattle class on the train to and from London over the last month (with a trip to Birmingham to "enjoy" tomorrow). This has put a spanner in the painting works but has given me time to read quite a lot on my Kindle. January saw me catch up with the Anthony Riches Empire series which I had not realised I was a couple of books behind in. Whilst I bought the first three in paperback, I decided to switch over to electronic, if only for the fact that the author is planning 25 in the series and the Kindle version comes out six months before the paperback!


Over the last month I have read The Leopard's Sword, The Wolf's Gold and The Eagle's Vengeance, all of which I have thoroughly enjoyed and mused upon the wargming potential (I really must dig out those Warlord Roman Auxiliaries this year...). The books have seen the Tungrian auxiliaries adventures move to Germania Inferior then Dacia before returning to Britannia and ultimately Rome. Hugely entertaining I heartily recommend them...

No comments:

Post a Comment