Tuesday 4 February 2014

Raid on Tito...

As well as the historical fiction I have been reading on the Kindle, I have also been reading some factual tomes and am enjoying (albeit rather slowly) Tim Jeal's biography of Henry Morton Stanley. I have also picked up a few of the Osprey Raid series on Kindle, especially when they are being sold for under four quid. Recent purchases have included three WWII volumes...


I am most of the way through Knight's Move, a recounting of the 500th SS Parachute Battalion mission behind enemy lines parachuting on the Bosnian town of Dvavr on 25 May 1944 to kill or capture partisan leader Tito. I must confess to being totally unaware of this operation and am finding the book absolutely fascinating reading. I normally try to avoid wargaming with SS units, but some skirmishes based on the raid may be on the cards, it is perfect Bolt Action/Chain of Command material...

I've also picked up Red Christmas and The Fall of Eben Emael and hope they are as good as Knight's Move. The Raid series in itself is quite interesting and there are some fascinating looking volumes both already released and planned for 2014...

No comments:

Post a Comment