Saturday 2 March 2013

Old Stuff Day 2013

Apparently today is Old Stuff Day - no I hadn't heard of it either, but it is a wonderful idea so I thought I'd join in and encourage all my fellow bloggers as well.

So what is Old Stuff Day? Well I'll let Warhammer 39,999 answer that as it was his proposal:

"On this day, each blogger can go through their history and find posts that they’d like to shake the dust off and present again to the community at large. Some suggestions for content that would be good to post: 

* Posts that you considered special that didn’t receive as much attention as you thought they deserved
* Content that people liked in the past, but haven’t seen recently 
* Posts you might have created before your site received much traffic, and now deserve to be reshown
* Or any content you’re particularly proud of!"

So with that in mind:

1. The Special Post That Didn't Receive Attention:

This was quite hard as you've all been very kind in commenting on what I blog but I was surprised my post on Ursula Graham Bower, the Naga Queen, didn't warrant much attention, especially as the photos were hard to find amongst an archive of hundreds taken in pre-war Burma. I shall be returning to this subject and have ideas of how to commerate Bower in miniature!

2. The Post Liked In The Past:

That's got to be Sprue Town! There have been more popular posts since but this went modestly viral...

3. The Post That Deserves To Be Reshown:

There are a few of my old ones form 2009 that could have qualified but the Panzerfäuste Ogres involved a fair bit of work on my part so I thought they deserved a bit more airtime!

4. The Post I Am Proud Of:

Not games related but Saul's appointment as Head Chorister at Bristol Cathedral was a proud day for me as a parent hence the post!

Hopefully you find this episode of navel gazing interesting and now that I have shown you mine, time for you to show me yours!

2 comments:

  1. Some nice posts, love sprue town how good does that look!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sprue town rocked! - and the Naga Queen was fascinating - a great piece of research, just didn't see how to game it - though if your going to be doing a mini, then well......

    ReplyDelete