Tuesday 27 August 2013

Elysium (and Dog Rose)

Despite reviews of Neill Blomkamp's new movie Elysium being a bit underwhelming I decided to give it a go this afternoon. Like most people I loved District 9 and I must say that, despite the best efforts of the cinema to bugger things up by losing sound half way through the end act, I loved it.

I'm not sure why some people don't like it, it is intelligent enough SF, it has political message about immigrants, the effects are excellent (and not all CGI) and Matt Damon does a decent job. Well worth seeing, the utopia/dystopia background oozes gaming potential and I really want a model of the military Raven shuttle...


Gromit of the Day:

Dog Rose

1 comment:

  1. Have been interested in this for a while, as I think it looks good stuff, but will wait for blu-ray ;)

    ReplyDelete