Saturday 17 July 2010

Forgeworld Runt Bot & Grot

Well, at long last I've actually managed to finish painting something (!), the limited edition Forgeworld Runt Bot and Grot Saul bought himself at Salute.


As previously posted the model is extremely well detailed and I must confess I enjoyed painting it. I've never been keen on orks painted red and other bright colours so ours, in line with their background as "Kommies" (all property is theft, so I'll have that...), have a very Soviet Russian look (mainly green and metal).


The fluff for the Runt Bot says that it is made up from scrap by the Grot who pilots it into battle by remote control (sitting on the bot shoulder). Consequently the paint scheme is very much rusty metal with a feel damaged and worn green panels here and there.

Overall I'm pleased with the end result, it looks like what I wanted it to - an animated pile of scrap metal stuck together and launched into battle.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting model and just full of surface detail. I think you have done a great job on painting it/them. Well done.

    Tony
    http://dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete