Thursday 3 September 2009

Chaos Dwarf

Following a few emails on Chaos Dwarves on the SFSFW Yahoo Group, I dug out one I converted last year as a test piece for a potential Chaos Dwarf unit in Saul's Chaos army (I don't like the Marauder models or the old Chaos Dwarves with the silly hats).

The model is a mix of bits from the current Dwarf box set with helmet and arms/flail from the Chaos Marauders with a bit of green stuff to fill gaps and give a fur trim to the cloak (which was suitably 'distressed' with a hot knife).


Background wise I was thinking that maybe a small band of survivors from the fallen hold of Karag Dum had been corrupted by Chaos, hence a kind of more northern traditional Chaos/Dwarf look than the more Eastern look of GW's Chaos Dwarves of yore.

Not sure whether I'll do any more though I am quite pleased with the end result.

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! I quite prefer this look over the more usual GW one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, looks like the Old old ones before the daft big hat phase.....

    Cheers
    steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks very cool. Very dark. I would love to see a big unit of these.

    Personally, I don't mind the big hat ones. I think they have a flavour of their own.

    Should GW ever remodel them, I think there should be a big hat option or a normal one. Of course, they'd have to be a little more serious these days...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recommend heading to www.chaos-dwarfs.com (a.k.a. Chaos Dwarfs Online) with these guys ;)

    ReplyDelete