Friday 30 January 2015

Bugles and a Tiger

Today was a perfect storm, the dreaded tax return and a visit to the dentist! :-(

However there was a ray of sunshine. I forget to take something to read in the waiting room so popped in a charity shop to find a copy of John Masters Bugle and a Tiger. I have read a number of Masters books over the years including Nightrunners of Bengal and The Deceivers, but found this was an autobiography of his early years as an officer in India just before WWII.

I only managed to get a little way into it before I was dragged kicking and screaming into the surgery, but found it captivating. A little bit of research uncovered a second volume, Road Past Mandalay, which covers his wartime exploits, which I shall be hunting out once I have finished this.

1 comment: