Monday 8 June 2020

Mortal Gods: Themysciran Hoplites

Continuing to paint up my Mortal Gods Themysciran lochagos I have now completed the backbone of the army, two phalanxes of Amazonian Hoplites.


The models are the old Wargames Factory Amazons, not the greatest models but by no means as bad as people recall. They were block painted and then Soft Tone dipped before some highlights painted on. Shield decals are some old Immortal ones I had hanging around.



I am not very happy with the official Sarissa bases. Unlike bases from Warbases or Charlie Foxtrot the holes are not totally cut through and no matter how much sanding I've done the fit is extremely tight and I am concerned the plastic models may get damaged if I attempt to remove them as casualties so I may have to use a dice...

No comments:

Post a Comment