Sunday 7 February 2016

Panzerfäuste: Mushroom Forest

Having had a long hard think about why I was in a hobby funk I decided to blame it on my replacement brushes which were not as good as the old ones I used to get from Waylands Forge and the basing sand I was using, which was too fine compared to what I used for the previous few years.

This might sound silly but having now sourced some decent sable brushes very similar to what I previously used and a bag of recycled glass paving sand from B&Q (thanks to Ian for the suggestion) I now have some mojo back - so there!


First to see the benefits of the return of the mojo are a converted Panzerfäuste Dwarf and some rebased mushrooms I've had knocking around for over a decade having bought them off Oriental Art Studio (?) at a show in the Midlands. They were starting to look a bit fragile so I coated them in PVA to seal them and based them on two old CD's using the paving sand to tie the bases in with all my other stuff. Terrain like this is great for fantasy games...



The Dwarf is an old Wessex figure who had his tunic extended with some spare Green Stuff to make a greatcoat. This was a simple enough conversion and I might do a few more soon...


2 comments:

  1. I totally agree that inferior brushes can kill the hobby bug, i have had times where i stopped painting eyes altogether as it was a fools errand with the brushes i had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking terrain.

    and good luck with the brushes. - I use Rosemary & Co. Brushes.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete