Tuesday 25 November 2014

More 99p Book Bargains...

Amazon is rapidly turning into an e-book version of Poundshop and my Kindle rapidly filling with interesting historical books, bought at bargain prices.

The latest is Robert Forczyk's Where the Iron Crosses Grow, covering the military operations in the Crimea from 1941 to 1944. This was not a campaign I am overly familiar with, but was intrigued by the programme on the 1942 battles in the Soviet Onslaught series. Given the fact I had just slapped some paint on my BTD WW2 Soviet Naval Infantry and ordered some Warlord ones to compliment them, this book being made available on Kindle for 99p was perfect.

I also bought Bill Yenne's The Imperial Japanese Army: The Invincible Years 1941-42, also available for the Kindle for 99p. Whilst my focus on the Far East will be the 1944-5 fighting in Burma, this book caught the eye as it contains details of Japanese paratroop operations and the battles against the Dutch which are normally lost in the coverage of the fall of Singapore and the Philippines.

Both should be interesting reads, I just need to find some free time now. Whilst I know many people still prefer "proper" books, it is worth noting that I saved £38.02 buying the e-books over the paper ones and that buys quite a few toys to play with...

1 comment:

  1. Great book and an amazing campaign with amphibious operations going in both directions

    ReplyDelete