I don't normally 'do' resolutions but I am going to try and be a little bit more organised going into the New Year. No doubt like all plans it won't survive contact with the enemy (ie. real life) but it won't hurt to try to focus on a few things rather than my usual scatter-gun approach.
So what am I going to (try and) focus my efforts on in 2011?
1. Ancient Wargaming Project: this is the one to kick the New Year off with. I actually have two (and a half) in mind. First off are the 28mm Romans (both EI and Republican) v Celts which will be the initial focus of my January painting and possibly later in the year the Peloponnesian War.
2. WW2 Project: my mid-war Flames of War project was still born but I did manage not to amass piles of lead and resin during the year. I'd still like to do this but will first try and finish the 20mm Battlefield Evolution WW2 project.
3. Blog Projects: I have three specific blog projects on the go, England Prevails, Grande Age of Hyboria and New Worlde. I'd like to crack on with the 2ECW as my urban terrain ideas will also be useful for 40K and WWW2. New Worlde will be a slow burner but one I'd like to keep ticking over during the year as I build up warbands. Grande Age has been a bit of a struggle as I re-discovered I hate painting Napoleonic figures but as I have almost finished my first unit I will return to it (I'm sure it will look good when some stuff is painted).
4. SF Project: I would like to do something non-40K and have an idea in mind but it will be a case of finding suitable miniatures so this will be ticking over in the back of my mind until then.
5. Reclaim the Games Room: ...and play some games in it!
6. Finish two WHFB and 40K armies for Saul: the Dwarves and Space Marines won't take much effort as they are 80% done if not more, but I need to crack on with either the Elves or Goblins and Tyranids or Eldar for him.
And, of course, this doesn't include a pile of Wessex Games projects!
Typing it up, it does look a bit ambitious and I might see if dedicating a month to a particular project might be helpful in focussing efforts on specific things, who knows? Whatever, I hope you all have a great New Year and prosperous 2011 and thank you all for reading the blog!