Thursday 27 November 2014

Blitzkrieg: Kriegsmarine I

I managed to finish the first two of my Kriegsmarine section today. As previously explained, the Warlord set contains a few figures with specific late war weapons, so I have had to employ a sharp knife and some Green Stuff to ensure their usefulness in the Polish and Norwegian campaigns.


These two figures are modelled in the traditional pullover shirt with kieler kragen and matrosenmütze sailor's cap, one had a slung panzerfaust which has now been removed. Nice figures and fun to paint (except for the white borders on the kieler kragen!). More tomorrow, hopefully...

Painting Target: 632/1000

1 comment:

  1. You did a fine job with these chaps. I've been sorely tempted by this set, and thought about mixing them with the Artisan Kriegsmarine figures, if it wasn't for the late war gear they have. However, you've shown it's not an insolvable problem ....

    ReplyDelete