Wednesday 8 October 2014

The Yanks Are Coming...

"Over there, over there!
Send the word, send the word, over there!
That the Yanks are coming, the Yanks are coming,
The drums rum-tumming ev'rywhere!"

When I started rummaging in Lead Mountain for WW2 Hungarian proxies, alongside the Brigade Games WW1 Germans I also found a pack of WW1 U.S. Marines, Now I can't exactly remember why I bought them (or the Germans for that matter), but they are lovely sculpts (Mike Owen I believe) and with the forthcoming release of Bolt Action WWI next year, 28mm Great War gaming is going to get a shot in the arm.

Brigade Games WWI US Marines (photo Brigade Games)
So, when putting my order into Scarab for some Germans and Austrians to play as Hungarians I ordered some Great War Americans to add to the Brigade ones to make up a little unit... :-) On the subject of the Great War, this was in today's newsletter from Warlord Games. Only £24 if anyone wants to buy one for me!

Warlord Games A7V (photo Warlord Games)

2 comments:

  1. I have painted a bunch of those Marines! At first I was worried about how they mixed in with the doughboys from Great War, but after painting and basing they seem to go together quite well. I do prefer the Chauchat gunners from Great War Miniatures though. The ones from Brigade Games sort of look like a blunderbus. I wrote a little guide to painting WWI Marines you can find it here: http://wargamesandrailroads.blogspot.com/2014/09/painting-wwi-us-marine.html

    ReplyDelete