Monday 13 October 2014

Orctober: Painting Orcs V

Horrid weather today really cut down on the natural light and so I only managed to progress a little further during my lunchtime on the Orctober Orc painting exercise!

Stage Ten:

Now the wash has dried I get a detail brush and pick out highlights using the same colour palette I used for the block painting in Stage Eight. This doesn't take that long and with the shading providing by the ink wash and the main areas stained by the wash and then the highlights, you get an effective quick and dirty three stage shading.

I had hoped to do the final detail work (teeth, eyes etc) today but that will have to wait until tomorrow, hoping the light improves.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    Totally loving the progress of the Orcs! They rusty effect and washes on the skin look brilliant (so much so I may have to steal the technique!)

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete