Sunday 3 August 2014

Rogue Trooper: Nort Hammerfire Pillboxes I

After many delays Mongoose's Rogue Trooper Kickstarter has begun to deliver the goodies. Oddly the first delivery was something that didn't get unlocked in the funding, the Nort Hammerfire Pillboxes set...


The eight models are one piece resin castings with separate white metal weapons, two each of a Firebeam, Rotary Cannon, Missile Launcher and Barrage Mortar. I finished half of them today...


Whilst the models are very nice, Mongoose have dropped the ball somewhat. The pillboxes all have individual numbers (see picture below) whereas the model comes as a number 9. I appreciate that it would not have been cost effective to produce eight differently numbered models but surely the best option would have been to produce a model number 8 which would have made converting the numbers to 0 to 9 all the easier?


Painting Target: 452/1000

4 comments:

  1. I did initially sign up for this Kickstarter, but then pulled out. A luxury I could not afford at the time. I'll be interested to see what you post up. Is the Nort from Mongoose or Bronzeage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mongoose. He's one of the three RT figures in the Judge Dredd line.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to see that they finally started to deliver on this one. We were only talking about this last week, wondering what had happened.

    ReplyDelete