Monday 18 August 2014

Aeronef: Archie Batteries

I put an order into Irregular Miniatures on Friday eveining (which, of course, arrived this morning), for some more 2mm SF models for my Aurorean Martians. I also added some odds and sods including these IKA6 AA Guns from the 2mm C20th range to use as "Archie" batteries in Aeronef.


To be honest, there is not a great deal too the models and I probably could have made up something similar with some Green Stuff and a bit of wire, but they're decent enough and it saved me the effort. I mounted two each on a round base from some Warlord WW2 plastics and added a bit of scenery to tie in with the rest of my 2mm European models. I'm not 100% happy with the garish sand I used on the sandbags and may repaint with a more subdued beige colour.


Painting Target: 469/1000

2 comments:

  1. I like the brighter color on the sand bags, actually. Helps make the batteries pop out from the background. If you can't see them, then you may as well use a counter or something dull like that to represent the location on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Mssr Womack - I think viewing them on a bare table like that is very different to having them on a textured terrain board. There the brighter sandbags will both put them appropriately in situ, and help them stand out to not get lost and overlooked in a game

    ReplyDelete