Tuesday 30 July 2013

Painted - After 34 Years! (and Zodiac)

Another fit of "Attack the Lead Mountain" enthusiasm saw me tackle a regiment of old Citadel Fantasy Tribe Goblins. Indeed at 34 years old some of these miniatures were actually Fantasy Tribe Gnolls before they were rebranded in 1982.


These are pretty much the oldest fantasy miniatures I have in my collection (aside from some odd adventurers) and whilst one regiment was painted up in my teenage years, for some reason this second one was not.


The Fantasy Tribe range are still some of my favourite miniatures and collecting the "bad guys" I have Fantasy Tribe Goblins, Orcs and Trolls, but unfortunately no FT Dwarves (and to my mind they were pretty much the definitive dwarf look). The great thing about the FT range were the random figure variants so your units had a distinct rag tag look to them.


Gromit of the Day:

Zodiac

7 comments:

  1. 34 years, good lord I don't think I can beat that. But what a touch of nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My God Sir, my Romans retire to their land grants after 30 years of service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a long wait. They must be mad with bloodlust at this point. Kudos on getting them done though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look fantastic, even if they have had to wait until they grew up before being painted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the stubble and beards. I have a couple of these figures in my collection. The oldest figures I have that aren't painted are about 20 years old. If I cheat and count some plastics I inherited which were used for gaming then I am looking at 40 plus years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. better late than never...great paint jobs!!

    tom

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am certain some where in my parents basement are the unpainted figures of my youth.

    They look great and while the figures do show their age (castings) they look almost retro.

    Good Job.

    Jon

    ReplyDelete