Friday 10 May 2013

The Battle For Burma

They say no plan survives contact with the enemy and in my case this proved true today. After a couple of days of meetings this week in London I was working from home so planned to use my lunch hour and overdue time in lieu to paint the next lot of Arthurian infantry. I hadn't counted on the nefarious machinations of human resources whose bumbling incompetence/evil cunning/genuine mistake (delete as appropriate) saw me spend most of the day (including my lunch hour) looking up email addresses of nearly one thousand employees to send them details on a consultation for them. Grrrrrr.... doesn't cover it!

So no painting at all but there was some good news in the form of the postie delivering some Silfor tufts and stuff that will go on the Dux Bellorum bases (hopefully you will see the first base tomorrow) and a copy of Roy Conyers Nesbit's The Battle For Burma. I was really chuffed with this as I picked it up brand new off Amazon for under a tenner.

I have only managed to scan through the book but it is chock full of photos from the fighting in Burma, including some of the Chinese army. The book is a basic history but it seems to cover all participants, including the Chinese, not just the British, so it should prove a good starting point for a future wargames project in the CBI (China-Burma-India) theatre. I have some other books on Burma coming in addition to this, good job SWMBO is away for a couple of days! :-)

1 comment: