I finished the first batch of Olley's Armies Prussian Scrunts at lunchtime...
I have started with the basic infantry types and am pleased with the way they have come up using the Army Painter Dark Tone dip. As previously mentioned I undercoated the figures grey, then basecoated the rifles, helmets, cuffs etc, painting the faces and beards dark brown before painting on the dip.
Once this had dried I applied a coat of Testors Dullcote before painting the faces and drybrushing most of the beards with a lighter brown or sand (one I repainted black and drybrushed grey for some variation).
I think they have come up nice enough given the time spent on them and hopefully can grab some more time to finish the others.
Painting Target: 652/1000