Thursday 31 July 2014

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

I went to see Dawn of the Planet of the Apes on Tuesday. The sequel to 2011's excellent Rise of the Planet of the Apes, the sequel picks up the story a few years after Simian Flu has devastated humanity and chronicles the first contact between the genetically evolved apes and the human pandemic survivors. It will be no surprise that this does not go well...

A hugely enjoyable film with some great combat sequences and nods to the original films, such as the ape cavalry, it is well worth making the effort to watch it at the cinema on the big screen if you can. The apes would make a great alternative enemy for any zombie survivors you have in your miniature collection...

1 comment:

  1. I liked it, too. Of course, I was watching it at a movie/grill/bar. Which meant that I got to have a few beers with my movie. That may have helped. But I liked it.

    Spoiler Alert

    I only wondered why they brought the idiot that shot Ash back up to the ape colony? His skills were not obviously that important, since they felt they could dump him back at the trucks after he pissed of Caesar the second time. He's an idiot - the sort of idiot who gets a lot of innocent people killed because of his inability to deal with the realities of a situation.

    ReplyDelete