Sunday 28 November 2010

Reveille 2010

Despite the unseasonable snow on the ground Saul and I popped up to Bristol's wargames show Reveille this morning. Whilst not the biggest of shows I always enjoy it (especially the bacon rolls), however my wallet remained pretty much closed throughout except for the bacon rolls and a copy of the El Cid WAB supplement I picked up for a fiver. Saul picked up a copy of Wizard's First Rule for two quid from the bring and buy having enjoyed The Legend of the Seeker on TV, but that was it. I was tempted by the Britannia 20mm modern Afghan range and the Inkerman 28mm Malaya models but decided there were enough unfinished projects at home and not to start another.


He enjoyed playing a game based on the Predator movie, there was a nice 15mm RCW game with an armoured train, a good 15mm SF game using the old G-Cav rules, a 54mm samurai game, a squig race, Space Vixens and a very nice looking VBCW game with some beautifully painted miniatures (I especially liked the Barclays Bank militia unit). I've run the photos through iMovie so if you have five minutes you can check the games out.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent slide show and a fine selection of pictures. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve

    A great slide show.

    It's been many years since I attended a show in Bristol - possibly 10 - 12 years ago, at the University or Students Union!

    I also liked the VBCW game, this seems to be a growing trend - I might have to investigate further.

    Thanks for posting the pic's

    Tony
    http://dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete