Friday, 9 May 2014

Blitzkrieg: German Infantry II

Alongside the MP40 sporting German test piece I also painted one with a Kar98, today I got a few minutes to try the Warlord German army decals on him...

They are (obviously) very small and this is not helped by the spacing on the decal sheet which is ungenerous to say the least. Very careful cutting with a scalpel is required and I can't see why the sheets aren't a fraction larger to allow more space to cut round - it was like playing Operation!

The end result though is worth the effort, the helmet decals looked good so I promoted the smger to an NCO with a decal for his stripes. Work has now started on the remaining eight of the section.

2014 Painting Target: 187/1000

1 comment:

  1. They look great; I used the decals for Warlord's late war British and having not handled anything like that for years, found it a nightmare - very fiddly!