Saturday 1 March 2014

Aquanef: The Nautilus

As I have promised to run a cross-over Aeronef/Aquanef game at Blast-tastic I have been getting back into the "VSF zone" so to speak and whilst the dip was drying on Rogue and his friends I decided to do some paint work on this model of The Nautilus.


The model is actually a Christmas Tree decoration from Hallmark (eBay is your friend here) based on the 1954 film version rather  the Verne's description. It is an excellent model, some 13cm in length, and could be used just by removing the hanging hook, but I decided I want my underwater models to be slightly muted compared to the sea level (and above) craft so I repainted it in a grey-brown concoction I mixed up.


2014 Painting Target: 104/1000

5 comments:

  1. That is lovely, and such a good Idea. Aquanef... love it... might well steal it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is stone-cold awesome. Aquaneffic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, can't wait to see what you have planned for the rest.

    ReplyDelete