Thursday 27 August 2020

Milites Mundi: Heavy Metal Thunder...

Whilst Andy was handing my brave Patriots their first Sharp Practice defeat last week at BIG, we got talking with proprietor Jim about 6mm gaming, something I always have had a love for (my first proper wargames army being 6mm WW2 Americans). 

After some typical wargamer 'talking around the houses' Jim and I decided that Gripping Beast's new smaller scale rules Milites Mundi looked interesting and would be worth having a go with (if we don't like them there is always To The Strongest and others...). Having been listening to the first three audio books of Peter Harman's Parthian novels I said I fancied raising a Parthian army - and the idea of camel cataphracts was just so cool! :D

Unfortunately Baccus are having ongoing availability issues so a quick revision of ideas led to a change of scale to 10mm and Jim and I putting in orders to Gripping Beast (for Romans) and Newline Designs (for Parthians) respectively. I am hoping to mix and match my horse archers from a few manufacturers so small orders will be going off to the likes of Magister Militum and Pendraken over the next couple of days. Fingers crossed they will be compatible.

No comments:

Post a Comment