Friday 11 May 2018

What A Tanker!: Panzer Marsch!

After my Saga debacle I managed to get involved in a six player game of What A Tanker! at BIG on Wednesday evening, taking command of a Panzer IVH!


The game was reasonably balanced points wise with the Germans having three PzIVH's and the British a Sherman Firefly, regular Sherman and an M10. Jim dispensed with the initiative rolling and we drew cards playing cards to see which crew's turn it was. This was a good idea and I'd suggest it as a house rules as it made the game a lot quicker.

It was a good game and much better balanced than my exertions against the evil StuG's on Saturday. I managed to sneak around the side of the blue building in the photo above and brew up the Sherman Firefly who had kindly exposed his flank to me. Unfortunately the M10 lived up to its tank destroyer reputation by destroying my tank a couple of moves later as I tried to get into a position to hit him. Good fun.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful terrain in that photo. I'm getting into WaT! myself albeit I'm aiming at the tank duels in the Western Desert (so 'slightly' less terrain on the table!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a great game...20mm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 28mm, the tables at BIG are... big! :D

      Delete