Wednesday 20 May 2020

Maximilian Affair: Mexican Republican Infantry

Having painted up three units for the Imperials for Rebels and Patriots I thought I better crack on with some Mexican Republican forces so painted up two units of Mexican Republican Infantry...


Their white linen field uniform was very simple, indeed the look of it is practically identical to the US Union one so a simple paint job can see ACW figures drafted in to finish off units as I have done here.


The two units are a mix of old Foundry figures (from the Mark Copplestone sculpted Old West range)....


A handful of Gringo 40's I had bought...


And some new(ish) Perry plastic ACW who padded out the unit cheaply and provided me with another officer.


There is some noticeable size difference between the manufacturers when unpainted (the Gringo figures are very tall) but with consistent painting and basing they seem to work well together.

2 comments: