Monday 31 August 2015

Giving Myself a Kick Up the Blogside...

Well my hobby break hasn't really rekindled any major enthusiasm so I've decided to revert back to plan A which is to do stuff for the blog which should then hopefully get the juices flowing...

I have a couple of projects lined up... First off is something Panzerfäuste orientated. For some time I've always wanted to create a small underground cavern gaming table so have decided to do this for Panzerfäuste using the Dwarf invasion of the Troglodyte homeland as a basis. Aside from having to build the table, there are no Trog figures available at present but I have some ideas using a mix of WW2 and fantasy plastic figures to create some partisans...


Secondly there is Frostgrave, which was bough for me as a present and I've yet to sit down and read through, even though the small war band Mordheim concept seems really cool (and a sneak look at Jim's blog and his Arabian adventurers band idea is interesting).


Time to dust off the paintbrushes...

4 comments:

  1. I think Plan A is the best idea to rekindle things.

    As for Frostgrave alternative settings, there are all sorts of options - ancient Egypt, Scandinavia/Lappland, the Spanish Main, the Orient. post-apocalyptic to name a few

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Sir. Look forward to some more posts.

    Like so many others I have the Frostgrave rules as well, but with my terrain will completely ignore the snow element. As TamsinP suggests, the game should go anywhere (even if a slight tweak is needed now and again!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reckon Frostgrave wll do the job...not too time consuming, plenty of room for a little imagination and licence, plus the option to do some fun free hand modelling. Should be right up your street!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been painting goblins. Not too much effort involved.

    ReplyDelete